July 14, 2008

Northwestern States Slideshow

I've been needing a meditative concept for a while now, as more medical issues occur:
  • Lymphatic cancer scare
  • Retinal detachment testing
  • Ovarian cancer concerns
I've got to tell you, this has been a curious, frustrating month. So, since I've always been inspired by the wild beauty of Washington and Oregon, I put together a little slideshow to check in on when I need a mental break. I'll be adding images when I can, and updating this as I create other slideshows, as well. Feel free to click on any of the images here to see a larger version, or check the links below for free desktop versions, if you'd like one of these to serve as your computer background.

Images for this slideshow provided by: Stock.XCHNG, big.org.ua, and eWallpapers.

I'm certain to add more within the next day or so to explain ALL of this, from my husband's arterial bypass surgery and what it means to be the only person around to help him recover, to the sudden upsurge in health problems I've seen in the last month. In the meantime, consider that when it rains, it often pours.

Update: My husband and I have had a particularly stressful day today, and as a little "slice of happy", I sent him an image that almost looks like it could have been taken on either side of the country. He responded with a deep sigh of relief, telling me that he needs to find more of these, for desktop backgrounds, for moments of peace. Given the copyright rules regarding this image, it would be best if I simply added a hyperlink, so you can see it -- and send it or similar images -- for yourselves. This peaceful view of Bennington, New Hampshire was photographed by Rand K. Peck for Yankee Magazine. I'd love to show you the picture, but I had to post this right away, as I've learned it's the moments, when they happen, that are often the most valuable.

No comments: